GvSIG OADE is a fully functional desktop GIS that is second-to-none when it comes to flexibility and feature richness.
Some of the most outstanding things this software has to offer are:
- easy installation procedure, no administrator rights required; fully portable, runs from any device
- a simple, graphical user interface that runs on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X
- multi-lingual: more than 20 languages already included, easy to add more
- flexible, multi-document workspace with side-by-side data views, map layouts etc.
- easy access to a multitude of geodata sources, including files, spatial databases and geographic web services
- robust handling of data layers with hundreds of thousands of geometries and high resolution imagery
- rich vector data functionality, including thematic maps, symbology and CAD-like editing capabilities
- topological and network data analysis
- rich raster data tools, including remote sensing, georeferencing and transformations
- map layout and PDF/PS production facilities
- easy-to-use and flexible geoprocessing tools for typical raster and vector processing tasks
- more than 500 additional geoprocessing tools via the SEXTANTE extension and GRASS GIS interface
- GRASS 6.4 included in the installation package; all you need, on all supported operating systems